Facebook, for better or worse, is the best-known social media platform in the world.
Whether you love it or hate it, you’ve got to respect the fact that this channel has more reach and impact on the digital environment than any other website out there. In fact, by the end of 2018, there were more than 2.32 billion monthly active users on Facebook. That’s more than double the number of people on the rapidly-growing Instagram platform.
While Facebook might not be everyone’s favourite place, it has the widest range of potential audience members to tap into, which also makes it one of the best opportunities for today’s brands. If you want to develop a strong social presence, and you want to do it quickly, then Facebook is your best bet. That’s probably why there are more than 2 million advertisers already on Facebook today.
5 Reasons to Start Using Facebook Today!
So, with so many other social media channels available to choose from today, why should Facebook still be your number one option for social media marketing?
Well, there are a handful of answers to that question, for instance:
- Facebook grows brand awareness and traffic like no other. Sponsored posts come with targeting capabilities that you can’t mimic on any other social platform (except maybe Instagram, which is owned by Facebook). Since brands that advertise on social media get 3.5 times more user interactions than their counterparts too, life on Facebook could also mean that you build deeper relationships with your traffic.
- Facebook keeps your audience engaged: Ultimately, whatever else your target audience might be doing, they’re probably also checking Facebook from time to time. With this channel, you can use everything from live video to messenger bots to keep your audience engaged. You can even connect with teens – 51% of them use Facebook.
- Facebook drives revenue: Targeted advertising means that you’ll be more likely to pull actively interested people towards the products and services that you’re trying to sell. That means more money for your bottom line.
- Facebook drives more attention to your content: There’s a good chance that you’re already creating innovative content for your website – or at least you should be. Facebook allows you to share that content far and wide, and it means that your customers can re-share it for you and link to it with friends too. That means more exposure for your thought leadership pieces.
- Facebook ensures better customer support: Finally, Facebook gives you another way to reach out to your audience and give them assistance when they need it. Better customer experiences means happier, more loyal clients.
Are you on Facebook Yet?
Choosing to get involved with social media marketing isn’t something you should do on a whim. However, it’s important not to underestimate the potential of channels like Facebook. When you’re making your first steps into the world of social media, Facebook will provide you with the broadest, most active audience to get started with.
Ready to learn more? Check out the infographic below for tips and insights on building your presence through Facebook!